Saturday, November 25, 2006

Legally getting started in Art Related fields

Legally getting started in Art Related fields

Am I adverse to new people? No, but they annoy me as I am demanding for demanding fields, with dynamic needs. I like most/many people have doodled in art since the age of about 3, but as I have always asserted the main issue for most desiring to work in the field is to be enabled to make money in it. HEY?

MY SPECIALTY IS INDEPENDENT PRODUCTION/S!

Art has become a mad law driven field, and though they know what they like , what the heck do most people know about art, music, business, business language, contract law, laws governing comity, jurisdiction, and conflicts? Futures? Corporations? Personally the artist is not respected becauee they don't even respect their ownselves.

Today the music art field has been often taken over by many large entities of capability to assert a presence in what is the field of "Intellectual Property" governed by not only state, local, federal, but international law, and treaties.

Personally people get into trouble with law just on the local level because they don't always understand it, cause themselves more grief than it is worth, and play alot of games with people they shouldn't. So well with the reading levels being what they are, I don't think they know very much about it all; and,

Only after some years after some study of law, and working as a legal researcher have I become personally comfortable in the matter after all there are several ways to deal with it , mainly piece meal, or comprehensively.

I have recently advertised for poetry manuscripts to publish because of personal interests, and I received responses from all over the world, I made the RFP not because I don't write well as some cretin dunces suggested but because I have genuine interests. Ha Ha and you thought is was only about the Benjamin and the dead presidents?? WRONG!

For years I have done exactly what I have wanted to even though I have had to pay for it. Generally I don't think people generally fully appreciate the detail circumstances regarding deals as FIRSTLY they didn't come to me as an equal willing to do business in making a deal which I finance.

Most often, or often as new or first time authors they wanted me to review, critique comment on, correct etc on what they were doing, as if they were seeking approval in some process of validation of them as if I were a teacher, mentor, friend, relative, which I don't have time for as I get thousands of emails a week (sorry kids).. WORK that I am creatively always seeking to find a way to handle in a cost effective manner (real MBA type lingo) so screw it you'll have to figure it out sometimes on your own. I even had blasts from the past. In any case if you can sneeze at what I am trying to do you must have enough money, and do not to need mine with the fish mongering/haggling on top of it. FIRST BE REAL don't pretend you are what you are not because I start out apathetic of it all

If all you want to do is publish then that doesn't require much at all:

1. Send me a script that moves me (send it to me on trust or copyright it then send me a copy, copyright filing service extra), send a confidentiality agreement if you like (it never hurts to try).

2. Make me a well balanced/reasonable proposal offer for me to consider regarding acquisition of rights to publish.

3. Ask me to respond within a time frame (if I need more time I'd state so).

3. Upon tentative approval by the parties send/or fax exchange proposed contractual information, negotiate the details..

4. Since normally I charge $25 - 250 an hour for that kind of legal work (deposited and paid some what upfront):

So I have to be very interested, you have to be good, able, willing, and sort of well known at least somehow some where etc (HAVE MARKETING POSSIBILITIES) if not there are today many fine opportunities depending on what you want to do..

If you want to retain the rights to what you do but technical assistance that's OKAY

I can produce, edit and rewrite anytime, anywhere but again that will cost you cash and up front, with cash and performance guarantees for salaries, equipment, and production and travel expenses costs, fees etc.

I WARN YOU I DON'T COME CHEAP, AM VERY DEMANDING (for guaranteed results I demand full control, respect, and am temperamental)

I am happiest when I am busiest HERE IS A General rate schedule of services offered (subject to change at anytim).

PRICING:

1. a. Video and field recording production and editing services by concert solo guitarist,

1. b. Synthesist, and neo-classical-blues-jazz-pop harmonicist original repetoire available $50 per hour plus expenses (Worldwide) $5,000 minimum plus expenses..

2. Ghost writing for books, memoirs and newsletters: $50 per double-spaced page.
3. Screen writing: $50 per minute or screenplay page.
4. Speech writing: $50 per minute or double-spaced page.
5. Rewriting an existing manuscript: $30 per double-spaced page.
6. Editing: $7 per double-spaced page. per double-spaced page.
7. Computer TECH system trouble shooting $40 per hour
8. Web site design $20 per hour, (original content extra)

Turnaround time: Ten to 30 days on most projects, three to six months on book and screenplay

Projects. RAPID TURNAROUND IS AVAILABLE. ALL COSTS DOUBLE FOR RUSH JOBS.

Research: Clients must provide detailed notes, a detailed outline, or an audio recording. We can aid in the creation of these materials

7. GENERAL RESEARCH SERVICES rate $25 per hour
8. LEGAL RESEARCH PARALEGAL SERVICES $40 per hour

REFERENCES on demand with bonifed offers and interes

I AM ON THE EAST COAST LOCATED CLOSE NYC PHILLY PITTSBURGH CHICAGO DETROIT BOSTON MEMPHIS NASHVILLE BUT WILL WORK ANY WHERE IF YOU PAY FOR IT HAVE MINIMUM NEEDS AND TRAVEL EXPENSES

You need musicians I'll get you musicians but the question is are you ready? For there is a difference in speculation deals, and contract deals that is the first thing because you can not treat both as if they were the same.

If you provide the financing its a contract deal for services you would like, if it is a speculation deal if you are any good maybe I will consider you depending on how I feel in the total sense. BTW it costs about $10 per hour to hire an employee at McDonalds including Workmen's Comp etc so my rates are competitive.

No comments: